In cooperation with SurfSchool.no, we have exciting activities for you during the summer season.
Stay in the hostel at HI Sandnes (Hotel Sverre), and surf the beautiful, unparalleled Norwegian waters to your heart’s desire.
Note: Activities may be cancelled due to weather conditions and for safety reasons.
CITY SURF CAMP 2020
Season: June 13 – August 16, 2020
Surfing the waves on the beautiful, untouched coastline of the Stavanger region is a reviving experience no other surf destination in Europe can offer. Whether you are a complete beginner or seasoned pro, SurfSchool.no can take you to wide-open beach breaks or pristine point breaks a short drive from your stay at HI Sandnes.
SurfSchool.no ensures you get to the spot with the best conditions to offer, making it an unforgettable surf trip in Norway.
- Book your accommodation and transport with HI Sandnes in advance. No pre-booking is required with SurfSchool.no, unless you are a large group or wish to surf outside of SurfSchool.no‘s regular course schedule.
- Free transport from HI Sandnes to the beach at 09:30, and back at 14:00.
- 2 hours with a Certified Surf Instructor, beginning at 10:00.
- The rental of quality surf equipment is included in the price. After the course ends at 14:00, you may still use the equipment until SurfSchool.no closes at 20:00.
- The meeting point will depend on conditions. Information about which beach the City Surf Camp will be at for the day will be announced on Twitter no later than 19:00 every Friday.
Booking and Availability
Our partner SurfSchool.no holds surf courses all weekends from March through November, as well as every day during the summer holidays from June 13th until August 16th.
To book a room at HI Sandnes under this offer, simply click on this link.
Use the booking code SURF to view hostel rooms and their special discounted rates.
Since the beaches are not accessible via public transportation, SurfSchool.no arranges free transport for City Surf Camp participants. Everyone interested in participating for the day will depart HI Sandnes to go to the beach at 09:30. The return trip from the beach back to HI Sandnes will be at 14:00.
The complimentary transport is offered only within SurfSchool.no’s opening hours.
What to take with you
- Swimsuit / swim shorts (to wear under the wetsuit)
- Clothes for after surfing
You will have the chance to enjoy surfing on an “untouched” beach, meaning there are no cafes/restaurants/bars in the vicinity.
So, take with you:
- Water (for drinking)
- Food (nothing heavy but something that will boost your energy levels)
Surfing this epic coastline with SurfSchool.no’s CITY SURF CAMP is the perfect activity for all levels of skill – from absolute beginner to a seasoned expert and everyone in between!
From easy to challenging
Price per person: